Blog

September 2020: Apps Gone Live

The customer success team at STQRY launched many new apps in the month of September, from neighborhood walking tours to a virtual music festival, national forests and more. Read more about our recent additions to the STQRY app family!

Kronosaurus Korner

Kronosaurus Korner is Australia's premier marine fossil museum. It showcases over 1000 unique fossil specimens, including 100-115 million year old remains of extinct marine reptiles, fishes, ammonites and squids that once dominated Australia's ancient inland sea. The museum is dedicated to educating the public about all matters palaeontological.

Due to the collections’ size, only approximately 20% of its specimens are on display in the galleries. The team at Kronosaurus Korner turned to the STQRY team to create an app, allowing academics, students, and visitors to explore the other 80% through their mobile device to learn more about the prehistoric remains!

Kronosaurus Korner

Kronosaurus Korner

iOS Android Web

Sydney Olympic Park

Sydney Olympic Park is a suburb of Greater Western Sydney, located 13 kilometres west of the Sydney central business district. This park is a major area for sports, music, and culture featuring stadiums, arenas and venues. Visitors can enjoy world-class sports, entertainment and business facilities.

The team at STQRY worked hard to launch the app live last month, celebrating the twenty year anniversary of Sydney’s Olympic Games. Visitors can discover the numerous stories and experiences at Sydney Olympic Park from wherever they might be. One app user said, “I did this tour from home, it really brought the games to life for me.”

Learn more about the Olympic legacy, public artworks, and heritage sites with the app.

Sydney Olympic Park

Sydney Olympic Park

Android

Other apps launched this month include:

Alameda Architectural Preservation Society

The Alameda Architectural Preservation Society (AAPS), was founded in 1972.  At the time AAPS was founded, Victorian homes were being destroyed and replaced with apartment buildings. The society is dedicated to the preservation of Alameda’s historic structures and neighborhoods.

Download for IOS

Crain's Detroit Homecoming

Crain’s Detroit Homecoming aims to reconnect Detroit expats with their hometown by providing news, events, and opportunities to live, work, or invest in Detroit. 

View the web app

Download for IOS

Delaware and Lehigh National Heritage Corridor: National Canal Museum

The National Canal Museum is the only museum in the country devoted to telling the story of America’s towpath canals. Take an excursion on the Josiah White II canal boat while listening to the history of regional canals. Learn about the men, women and children who lived and worked on the canals, and discover how they used simple machines like levers and pulleys.

Download for Android

Lawnya Vawnya

Lawnya Vawnya is a non-profit music and art festival that showcases an exposition of art & culture.  The name comes from an old expression “To have a good time at a dance or a party with plenty to eat”.  This organization helps to position St. John’s on a national and international cultural map.

View the web app

Download for IOS

Download for Android

Tellbetter Tours

Take walking tours in New York City at your own pace. The free tours are full of interesting facts and intriguing stories, with personality, music, sound effects, and drama.

Download for IOS

Download for Android

The City of Pleasanton

Pleasanton is a community of over 80,000 individuals in Northern California.  Learn more about the Ohlone, the Spanish settlement, gold, and their agricultural heritage.

View the web app

USFS: Oglala National Grassland

The Oglala National Grassland in the northwest of Nebraska consists of native mixed-grass prairie, with forested streambeds and steep formations created by water and wind erosion. The Warbonnet Battlefield Monument is on Oglala National Grassland,  which remembers the 1876 Battle of Warbonnet Creek.

Download for IOS

Download for Android

USFS: Stanislaus National Forest

Stanislaus National Forest, named after the Stanislaus River, is a national forest which has land in four counties in Sierra Nevada. This forest was settled in 1897, making it one of the oldest national forests. The region contains 78 lakes, and over 800 miles of river, with 1,100 trails and over 2,800 miles of road.

Download for IOS

Download for Android

Willard Library

Willard Library, established in 1840, is one of the oldest libraries in Michigan. This library is an amazing asset for residents offering books, audio books, e-books, DVDs, music, magazines, movies, and TV shows. The library circulates more than 1 million items a year.

View the web app

Download for IOS